Safe Practices for Apartment Living
Reduce the risk of fire with Safe Practices for Apartment Living. Actions you can take now to reduce the risk of fire.
- Barbeques – Keep at least 50cm away from walls
- Gas Bottles – Store gas bottles outside, upright and away from sources of heat
- Air Conditioning Units – Keep clothing and materials at least 1 metre clear
- Hallways & Balconies – Keep clear of clutter and rubbish
- Smoke Alarms – Ensure smoke alarms are not covered or disconnected
- Check Fire Doors – Keep clear, closed and unlocked at all times
- Fire Escape Plan – Make sure you know your building’s evacuation plan.
- IN AN EMERGENCY CALL TRIPLE ZERO (000)
Download the flyer.