Cemintel Rigid Air Barrier is designed for use with Cemintel’s pressure equalised cladding systems to produce effective weather-resistant façades.
Rigid Air Barrier is a 6mm fibre cement panel consisting primarily of Portland Cement, cellulose fibres, sand and water. It is sealed on the face and edges using Cemintel’s proven Ceminseal® embedded micro waterblock technology, which repels water, preventing it penetrating the panel and providing a durable sheet that will not rot, swell or warp when correctly installed.
Cemintel Rigid Air Barrier is a BRANZ appraised solution, that provides protection against wind and rain, allowing for work to carry on inside the building prior to cladding being installed. It may also be used to provide bracing for timber framed buildings that are within the scope of NZS3604.
- Helps produce effective weather-resistant façades
- Sealed using Ceminseal embedded micro waterblock technology
- Provides a durable sheet that will not rot, swell or warp
- Protects against wind and rain allowing work on inside the building prior to cladding installation, for up to 6 months from installation
- BRANZ Appraised System
- Provides bracing for timber framed buildings within the scope of NZ3604